Saturday, May 9, 2009

Our Latest Offering


All pregnancies are blessings from God. What you make of your children's lives are your offerings to Him. I'm calling our latest pregnancy as our 3rd Offering.
Certainly, bringing another child in this world is something that a couple can offer to God. It's no joke to raise a child, providing all the material comforts and the emotional investments. Hindi ka lang naman magluluwal ng sanggol. You are committing yourself to a lifetime of responsibility and accountability to another person's life. It's tiring, challenging, sometimes frustrating but all in all, it's worthwhile and rewarding.

Having kids gives direction to a marriage. A person, more so a couple, has so much capacity to love and nurture. Kung wala kang aalagaan at mamahalin, sayang yan!


Everyone knows that my hubby and i are hoping for a baby girl. With the two handful boys that we have, we are looking forward to a more serene and less racuous little girl.

Now, this pregnancy is little bit different than my earlier two.
Whereas before, I look gorgeous and have no problems at all despite my slowly burgeoning tummy, now, I have a tons of pimples! I'm the type who will not take this sitting down, especially since I'm working for a premium personal care company.
At the first sight of a zit, I'm ready with my anti-pimple cream.

Unfortunately, my pregnancy hormones seems to be working overtime. My pimples keep sprouting, and their favorite spots are my left face. My right face is still manageable. My colleagues and my hubby say there's really no fighting hormones at this time!

I try not to be too conscious about it. It could also be the effect of the on-going renovation around the house. A bit dusty environment.

Another concern is my gray hair! Eversince I joined the bandwagon of changing my hair color, I've started developing gray hair strands after a few months. That's why I need to re-touch my hair color every now and then. I research extensively about hair coloring during pregnancy. There are 2 school of thoughts. Some advize zero major hair treatments altogether. While some literature says that hair dyes are too superficial to go thru the bloodstream and affect the baby. So,it's ok to color the hair.

Well, lest I be depressed with all my gray hair showing. I took the chance of having my hair colored. Perfeect timing because Bench Fix had a 30% mark down of its hair coloring services!

Aahh.. to feel gorgeous again!! Heaven! I always take pride in looking my best even if I'm pregnant. some say that if one looks extra lovely during pregnancy, with that glow, likely the child will turn-out to be a boy. In my past two pregnancies, with less efforts, I can look pretty with aplomb. Now, I have to double my efforts!

Well, Is this a sign that it will be a girl?

Let's see!

No comments: